"Fremont County is named for John C. Fremont, an explorer of the West, known as the "Pathfinder." The first recorded white visitor to the area was Captain Andrew Henry who established a post on the North Fork of the Snake River about five miles from the present town of St. Anthony. The post was used by several succeeding expeditions into the area. The first settlement in the county was at Egin Bench in 1879. A bridge was built across the North Fork at St. Anthony Falls in 1887, and a short time later the townsite of St. Anthony was platted. Mormons moved into the area and built farms." -- The Idaho Almanac, 1977 Edition, State of Idaho. Fremont County was established in 1893 from Bingham County. It is bounded on the north by the Continental Divide and Montana and on the east by Wyoming. A portion of the county is in the Targee National Forest.
To Learn More about IDGenWeb Team and their responsibilites as one of our County Coordinator, such as this county's site that available, Today!
Question(s)? Contact the Interim County Coordinatior